Statement of General Education
General education at Johnson County Community College combines essential thinking skills with knowledge from areas such as the arts, communication, humanities, language, mathematics, natural sciences, and social sciences. It prepares students to become lifelong learners capable of making informed, ethical decisions in an increasingly complex and diverse global community.
Students who pursue a course of study at JCCC will be expected to:
- Access and evaluate information from credible sources.
- Collaborate respectfully with others.
- Communicate effectively through the clear and accurate use of language.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the broad diversity of the human experience and the individual's connection to society.
- Process numeric, symbolic, and graphic information.
- Comprehend, analyze and synthesize written, visual and aural material.
- Select and apply appropriate problem-solving techniques.
- Use current technology efficiently and responsibly.