This course is approved by the Kansas Board of Regents for guaranteed transfer among all Kansas Regents public postsecondary institutions. Additional courses may also be eligible for transfer. Please visit a JCCC counselor or the JCCC Registrar's office, and the Transfer Kansas portal to learn more.
General education at Johnson County Community College combines essential thinking skills with knowledge from areas such as the arts, communication, humanities, language, mathematics, natural sciences, and social sciences. It prepares students to become lifelong learners capable of making informed, ethical decisions in an increasingly complex and diverse global community.
Students who pursue a course of study at JCCC will be expected to:
- Demonstrate information literacy by finding, interpreting, evaluating, and using sources.
- Apply problem-solving strategies using appropriate disciplinary or cross-disciplinary methods.
- Communicate effectively in a variety of contexts.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the broad diversity of the human experience and the individual's connection to the global society.
- Process numeric, symbolic, and graphic information to draw informed conclusions.
- Comprehend, analyze, and synthesize written, visual and aural material.